Friday, May 18, 2007

Vacationing with the Austins

Well, the boys had another busy day with their cousins (Bones & Pooh.) This time it started out at a park, where they mastered climbing up the slide, and each other.) This shot typifies their approach to life: Cole is figuring out the mysteries of the playground, and Grant is just trying to think of a good joke.There is a small lake at the park, and high hopes of yet another wildlife capture, but the fat ol' frog made a quick escape, and no one wanted to get wet all that much. So the question remains - How many Austins does it take to catch a bull frog?
The playground equipment was NASA designed to test kids' tolerance to intense spinning motion. Merry-go-rounds are so yesterday.
Oh - but then everyone couldn't wait to get wet by afternoon, under a little more controlled environment (and fewer creatures.) Talk about the "shallow end." Even Grant could stand up, no problem, and walk around while calling out teases to the camera man (or- camera mom.)Check out the equipment in the background. These crazy community centers are always trying to promote "learning something." Well, we learned that Cole has no inhibitions about just diving in (he thinks he can swim.) And Grant - well, at least he realizes he can't swim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Skeezix and Festus. I love to swim. I want to swim someday. I just keep saying that. And I just love, love, love to!!