Saturday, April 4, 2009

I 1 the Sandbox

Loyal readers of our blog will recall that last September we built a sandbox in our backyard. Because we have two cats, not to mention other even less desirable neighborhood critters, we have tried to keep the sandbox covered with a tarp when it was not in use. So our first outdoor project of the season is an enclosure for the sandbox.

The boys love noisy power tools. (And yes, I am one of the boys.) Here's the finished product in use on the beautiful 70° Saturday we experienced today. Of course, the boys were thrilled to be able to rediscover all of the things from our yard. Grant began adding to the pile of wood in the play house. Cole made an appearance as well but he was more interested in being silly than moving logs. Although he did put the swing through its paces. And there's no better way to end a beautiful day than with popcorn and a movie with your best friend.

9 comments:

wholarmor said...

That's awesome! I need Handy Manny to come to my house!

The boys are cutie pies!

Dalynn said...

Nice sandbox! I just can't seem to remember where in the yard it is situated. What does Bryn think of the power tool collection? And I'm sure Daniel is very upset that he won't be able to help with the lawn this summer.

Shar said...

The sandbox is truly a work of art! You've done it again Evan! What a great yard for your little ones to grow up in! Brings back memories of when ours were little here in Pocatello! Love you!

The Eight Family said...

So fun. We need our gazebo fixed - wanna come over and play Evan????

Evan said...

Sorry Kris and Lisa, I have an exclusive handy man deal with my wife. She gets the Eternal Companion discount. The rest of you couldn't afford my rates.

The Lowe Girl said...

We saw the sandbox enclosure as we were driving down the hill the other day and the boys (that can talk) were so excited about it!! Impressive!!!

Mona said...

Hurray for Return to the Outdoors! (No wonder indoor Conference Sunday was so hard to swallow!) When do we start the garden?

Grandma in NEAZ said...

There are 7 comments here over the sand box. Does that mean I 8 the sandbox, or can I jump over it and let the next commenter eat the sandbox. Any volunteers?
Although... you made the sandbox very hard to jump over. I am sure Bryn will be willing to taste the sandbox. She is getting to that crawling/tasting everything in sight stage.

What a nice cage you have built - great clubhouse jail and multi-purpose type accommodations.

* said...

Fun play house. Sweet sandbox. Hey, my backyard could use some attention...whadda say? ;)
Btw, found you on Mormon Mommy blogs.