Friday, February 8, 2008

Chairs vs Thrones

The boys finally got around to tightening the chairs, today. All that moving them in and out of the kitchen, so they can destroy everything, really wiggled those legs loose, and we were scared to sit on 'em. A power tool was involved, so you can be sure they were extra productive. Pop just made sure nobody rearranged any fingers.

Also, (and I'm sorry to spring a potty picture on any unsuspecting visitors) we finally decided to put an end to all the contention about "who's turn it was on the potty now," and stop all the pushing, shoving, and assaulting that had to be endured by whoever was lucky enough to have a turn. We got another potty last night, and both seemed quite content to sit there pretty much all day, with short breaks for snacks. (For the record, I don't encourage this, they're extremely efficient at undressing themselves, and it's becoming miserable for Ma & Pop both - especially since we're going through all this now, and they still won't be trained for another year!) I'm pretty sure this is nothing about potty, and all about being pantless.
Ironically, I told Grant he could only have another fruit leather if he actually went. So he threw a tantrum, and finally did go, on the kitchen floor. All that waiting around for nothing.

2 comments:

Shar said...

Evan, you are so great! Loving and patient, by the time the boys grow up they will know how to do EVERYTHING. Most dads would wait until they're in bed. It might have taken longer, but what teaching moments! Love you all!

Stephanie said...

I can't agree with you more about the whole potty training thing! We've jumped on board the training wagon, and spent 3 days without pants on our 2 year old. Grant it, we do have the girl advantage. From what I hear, boys are more curious about what messes they can make, and we are lucky because having our daughter's pants off usually means she'll inform us when she needs to go to prevent the mess. We feel with ya though, this is definetely interesting!! Good luck!! :)