Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BEATA Baby Bird

The kitties caught a baby bird for us! We saw it all occur, and were able to make a successful rescue (much to the kitties' disappointment.) Grant was especially touched by it all, and so he will be awarded the BEATA (Boys for the Ethical & Affectionate Treatment of Animals) award for the month. (The chapter has been inactive due to the abundance of rain, and lack of animals to torment - or, I mean "love.")
There. Isn't that touching? I thought it made for better viewing than Cole carrying around a big beetle and an earthworm for 15 min. straight, today. It's really the more amazing story, too, because after hauling that beetle around everywhere, in tightly closed fist, when he set it down ever so carefully - it just crawled away like nothing had ever happened with all six legs attached. I think our organization is really making a difference!!!

No comments: