I finally got a good music stand. As soon as Grant saw it, he said, "now I can teach Brynnie violin lessons!" I had no idea that a missing stand was all that was getting in the way of Grant's teaching career! That afternoon, Bryn fell asleep and Grant was crushed that the lesson would have to be delayed. But early the next morning, he was ready for her! (He had some old visuals from earlier lessons, a pencil, and some stickers as rewards.)
Loving all the attention, Bryn jumped on board (thankfully!) The first exercise was he would tell her which string note to play (E, A, D, or G) and if she got it right, an animal would advance to the picnic. She was focused. So was he. Seriously.....it's true. (We had to delay Bryn's real violin lessons because she was incapable of concentrating for more than 3 seconds continuously.)
Here's how it went down:
The animals all got to the picnic, and it was a party for sure. (He came up with this all on his own.)
Then time for note reading, or - I mean writing. Grant drew the first note (G, as you can see if you enlarge the picture, you'll see two ledger lines.) Bryn had to draw at least 6-7 more of them, and he did D, A, and E after that, all of which she copied several times.
I'm still trying to process this, and figure out how to put this model in place with everything we do. It was instructive, to say the least.



No comments:
Post a Comment