
This is our behemoth. (a.k.a. SUV, family wagon, "rig" (for those in ID and UT) and other useful names.)It's also good for fuzzy kitties to climb on.
If any of our faithful readers out there think a mini might be a fun, peppy car to waste your money on, I hope I can help before it's too late. Please consider the following discovery I made after just barely backing into one in a parking lot today: (and yes, I am a car bigot, and tend to class peoples' personalities by the cars they drive - just certain cars. Let the record show I was 100% accurate on this one before the driver even opened her big mouth.)1. You will be impossible for any car of substance to see (especially if you insist on riding someone's tail.) Most cars could run right over the top of you, and not even know it (or think they hit a small rodent.) Which brings me to the second warning:
2. You will be become "one of them." (egocentric, Obama lovin' 'great and spacious building' type of victimized pip squeak.) So not only should you avoid buying one of these remote control toys, but you should avoid any encounter altogether with anyone so proud of their car.
3. If you're ever going to get into a fender bender, PRAY (or not, because you'll probably be godless at this point - see #2) someone hits you, because you wouldn't be able to afford to get it fixed - only pure gold could cost more than the plastic these things are made of.
So naturally, our car doesn't even have a scratch, and none of our little crunchers were even aware of anything. And they were safe inside our mammoth of a car, unable to hear the string of ugly profanities pouring out of this pathetic and shrill excuse for a woman. My only regret is that I couldn't go into some post partum breakdown, and gain control of the situation by becoming the victim myself. I just don't think quickly on my feet. However, my mere mention of 3 kids under 3 in the car stopped her cell call for a policeman as she was dialing. So she wasn't entirely irrational. I talked her into just exchanging info.
I'm just grateful I had three beautiful children in the car to remind me what truly matters in this life. There are many miserable people out there forever searching, and always coming up empty.
6 comments:
So, just to be clear: Great and spacious building dwellers drive itty bitty cars. And straight and narrow path dwellers drive great and spacious cars?
My favorite part of the story is how the lady told Sue that she just got it out of the shop from the last accident she was involved in. I'm seeing a trend here...
Oh no! At least you have perspective. I've been thinking a lot lately about how to influence "those" people to have a change of attitude. My mind is blank. Maybe more advertising dollars should go into "great and spacious" car ads.
Darn! And I was going to ask you guys to help me convince John that a mini is a *perfect* car for our family.
Sorry, Sue. Love you!
If your "family" doesn't include John's knees or the top of his head, and JuJu can ride on the bumper, then yes, it's perfect.
I drive a mini. A minivan. What does that say about me? As I seem to recall, you drove a VW Rabbit. I think that's smaller than a Mini, but I'll forgive you.
And my mom owns a Chihuahua and two Great Danes. That must mean she has a mixed up personality. ;)
Glad everyone is safe!
Okay, I don't see Sue mad too often, but I can tell from this post that the lady made you very mad! I am sorry that you had a bad day, but am glad all the kids were fine! The pics of Bryn are so cute. She is getting such kissable chubby cheeks! Stacey
Post a Comment