Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Love at First Breath

One of the things I LOVE about Evan is that he is a free spirit; not afraid to take chances, he does not fear being reprimanded, and ultimately we end up with the fruit of his labors. Even though we had heard that recording or taking pics of a c-section might not be allowed, he decided to go ahead unless someone told him to stop. (And it also helps that he's tall enough to reach over the huge drape they put up to prevent viewing.) But they were all too busy to notice, so here you go! We think it's fascinating to watch our little Bryn take her first breath. This is not for the faint of heart, but we've had several friends and family express an interest in seeing it, and this is the best way to publish it.

6 comments:

Grandma in NEAZ said...

That was (I was going to say "bloody" but I think it's a bad slang word in England) MARVELOUS! Very interesting and so fun to see her emerge.
Amazing and what an experience - so common but so marvelous at the same time.

Ken said...

Well, I was bracing myself to be shocked by blood and gore, but I was very pleasantly surprised and awed. Thanks for posting it.

The Eight Family said...

That made me teary! I have such good, no great, memories of that with my kids. It is such a complete miracle when they are born and are so perfect. Congrats!

kseal said...

Oh Crunchers, she is so beautiful. Congratulations again and again. May many naps fall upon your household.

Dawnell said...

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! Hope you are feeling well.

wholarmor said...

That's so cool! I love watching Baby Story and seeing the emergence of new life into the world! Congrats! You guys are so blessed!

Love,
Kris, your long lost friend-who will be stalking your blog now that I know you have one, ;)