Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Scriptural Question

Some time last year the boys took an interest in the scriptures. Specifically, my scriptures, which I've had since before my mission. Fortunately they only tore out one page and partially tore another. Granted I recovered the page but I decided that it was time to get a new set of scriptures. Which brings me to my question: What are some methods of marking scriptures that you, dear reader, have found useful? I like my previous method of marking with different colors representing different topics but since I have a brand new unmarked set I thought I'd take my time before settling on a particular scheme, and I'm open to just about anything. The boys' suggestion that I scribble randomly with various writing implements is helpful and easy, but it doesn't seem like it would enhance my scripture study at all. So leave a comment, send an e-mail, give me a phone call, send a telegraph, smoke signal, whatever. Just let me know what you think.

2 comments:

John and Laura said...

I underline phrases I like and write notes in the margins with a mechanical pencil, and then highlight extra-meaningful verses with a light blue scripture pencil/crayon I have. I like it because it's kind of subtle and not distracting.

Grant said...

I like to mark things that we are to "do" or "be like unto" in one color, and then the promise for doing those things in another color. Almost every time the promise right next to or close by the commandment. It helps me remember the Lord's promises and even teach better from the scriptures.