My off-hand remark "Ain't she cute" has been taken as an definitive announcement of gender for our prospective infant. I apologize for the confusion. We're only 3 months along and we won't have a chance of determining gender for a couple of months. Until then, applying the pronoun "it" to the little nipper seems unnecessarily impersonal.
Truth be told, we would like to have a girl but if it's a boy we'll still be happy, although we might name him something like Whitney, or Pat, or Kelly, or Sue...
3 comments:
Thank you for the clarification.
Wait, don't you have a cat named "Nipper"? Now I'm just confused -- are you're saying your baby's a kitty?
"applying the pronoun "it" to the little nipper..."
Congrats on this, by the way. I'm excited for you guys...and really excited that I'm not Ma right now! Being prego ain't bad, but it ain't comfy either.
Let "it" be a girl. The boys are primed for adding a princess to the mix, and The Marinator will appreciate having a sis-in-law.
Hey, we're coming your direction next week. Headed to the San Juans. I'll shout a "howdy" into the vastness, and perhaps your fam will catch the echo.
Post a Comment