Monday, October 15, 2007

Duds for a Little Spud

Dear Crunchers,

I was born on July 12th of this year. So your advice was very beneficial for this upcoming Halloween. Heck, my family consumes a bag of M&M's every day....well, you know my dad. That's good for me too because it gives me chocolate milk when my mom eats chocolate. My question for you is this; My mom's sewing machine broke not too long ago and since you recommend home made costumes, which she's been making every year (I've heard), what do I do. I don't want my first Halloween to be a failure. Someone else suggested going as a baby, but that doesn't go along with the advice that you gave in your column. The days are counting down and my parents may end up in a psycho ward if I don't figure something out quick. Can you help?

Signed "Without a costume in McCammon"



Dear Costumeless Cousin,

Don't worry, little punkinhead. We'll make sure your first Halloween is a "sweet" success. Let us guess, the sewing machine got broke making all the other 'sour patch kids' costumes ahead of you. Well, for inspiration, we've taken to the great outdoors, and Grant sat by a tomato plant (nightshade family, just like another very important vegetable.) We got to thinkin', "Hey, did you say McCAMMON, IDAHO?" Don't you have a potato sack layin' around there somewhere? I'll bet you have just the talent (and weight) to be a perfect sack of potatoes. And you have 2 eyes! Plus, you don't have to carry an extra bag for candy, just stuff it all in there with you. The lumpier the better.

Keep downin' the M&Ms, and you'll be big in no time. And we mean BIG!

Love,
The Crunchers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Crunchers,
What an excellent idea!!!! My parents were so impressed with the idea that it was suggested that we would all go dressed as "sacks of spuds". It's funny that parents claim to know all things, but they can't think of a simple costume idea. Thank you for your time. I just know that my first Halloween is going to be a success. Who knows, you may have started something with your suggestion. Nobody from IDAHO has a "sack of spuds" for a costume. Go figure, I guess. IT'S IDAHO!!!! Thanks again! Signed "sack of spuds from McCammon"

Anonymous said...

You could compile a book of these handy-dandy ideas! "The complete compendium of Halloween lore and luster - Everything you have ever wanted to know about Halloween and didn't even know to ask" - "Punkinhead rules for Halloween style" - "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Halloween Universe" - "Dressing for Halloween Success in Idaho" - The possibilities are endless.
Halloween challenged in NE AZ