Monday, October 22, 2007

Shared Jeans

One of the most common questions we get about the boys is "Are they identical?" Even a very cursory glance at the two of them will reveal that they are quite obviously not. If people ask me how I tell them apart I usually say "Cole is 1/2 inch taller." or "Grant has a shorter big toe." or "Cole has a birthmark shaped like Minnesota on his pancreas." (Actually he doesn't. It's shaped like Wisconsin.)

The truth, however, is that Grant looks like my older brother and Cole looks like me. To support this claim I present the following: This photo was taken a few months after I turned one, and a few months before my brother turned three. Cole and Grant are currently in the middle of that age range. What do you think?

And where did my mom get those pants my brother and I were wearing? Well, it was the 70's. I suppose they were as common as cargo pants are today. Even Hillary had a pair. The Crunchers, however, are modeling some of Ma's famous handmade rain pants.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Are they identical?" What kind of wierdos do you associate with down there? My 2yo can tell them apart.

Brian's only 5 months older than you, huh? I learn something new every day!

Anonymous said...

One of them was adopted. Now, what does that say about resemblances?

Shar said...

I always thought Festus resembled Ma's side of the family,now I'm not sure. They are all very cute boys!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you put her on your blog, altho' that is not a nice picture of her. It still gives me the heeby geebies to see her there. YUKKKKKK!
Terrified of Hillary in NE AZ