Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bedtime for Boys

Picture this: it's 8:30 PM; the boys have been "in bed" for a half hour. Suddenly they emerge from their room. Accusations are exchanged. Basically, there's too much talking going on. My solution:
Silence is golden.

2 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

How do you suppose I could teach this tactic to an entire nation of Brits who have ten words for every ONE word necessary. (Yankee style: "Press the # key to mute." Brit style: "Your attention please. Should you find it necessary to mute the conversation, please achieve this by locating the # key on your tele and press said button to achieve your end. We are indebted to you for your attention. Thank you. Enjoy your conversation."

Ramona Zabriskie said...

woops. I quit too soon. They wouldn't have. "As I said, please enjoy your conversation. You will enjoy it, won't you."