So long, farewell to the old cedar shake roof, and all the moss that was growing beautifully over the top of it! We finally got a new roof. And although we did not demand a discount for all the labor Grant put into the job, his contribution was not small.

For literally hours, Grant kept filling his little wheelbarrow with the shake, and took it around front, unloading it all with his bare hands....

always careful to lift it up and empty every tiny piece into the contractor's trailer. (I at least made him wear his helmet to avoid falling debris on his noggin.)

The guys doing our roof were both impressed and perplexed at his dedication. So were we.

While posting this, I said, "hey Grant - come look at the pictures of you working!" He said, "Mom, I really did like doing that." Cool kid. I don't think he'll be on the parental "dole" for long with that attitude.
3 comments:
The kid was BORN to work...I remember that as a toddler, barely walking, his favorite thing to do was to pick up blocks or anything he could get his hands on and move it from Point A to Point B with no real "point" to it. I've decided to set apart my first born granddaughter to him...she'll never go hungry!
I love hard workers! That makes me love Grant even more!
I second Mona's motion, the first Zabriskie girl is his! ha ha
Post a Comment