Monday, February 22, 2010

Hoppy Days

No home is complete without a silly bunny hopping around,
or two.
We're trying not to love Pebbles and BamBam to death...really. But they are sort of irresistible.
We waited 2 1/2 months to get these little Holland Mini Lops, since they hadn't even been born when I contacted the breeder. She kept us updated with pictures along the way. They house train well, tons of personality, and they're extra snuggly.
Grant, always the ridiculously cautious one, saw the bunnies out this morning and said, "oh, I better go get my socks on!" It would be so terrible to lose a toe to a bunny - you can never be too careful.
So far, 100% of the men within earshot of me mentioning that we got bunnies have made some comment like "them's good eatin", or "I love rabbits...fried" or... you get the idea. I never realized there was a "kill the wabbit" gene, but there is. It's on the Y chromosome.

8 comments:

Shar said...

Pebbles and Bam Bam are so darling! Looks like that's the end of that block though! Can't wait to see them! What do you do with them when you leave for awhile?

Paul and Stacey said...

They are so cute! I love little bunnies...especially in the spring time.

John and Laura said...

aw...cute! i can't wait to come visit.

The Eight Family said...

So cute! You are brave to have them in the house!

Anonymous said...

:)
:)
::::::::::::::::::::::)
love, Meghan

Kristi said...

Oh my...you are getting quite the farm out there...bunnies and all! Hey..I have a wierd question and since I don't have your real email, I'll leave it here. I bought Jonathan some of your cute Oakey zip up boots in size 9...well who knew that my son would grow so much, so he needs a bigger size, before I have even taken them out of the package! Do you happen to have a size 10 that I might be able to swap them out? I know you did some huge sales, and if you are out...I guess they will make a fahbulous baby gift for someone.

Have a good one!

wholarmor said...

Brings back some fun memories of the bunnies we had growing up! Always knew you were a wabbit lover!

Kay said...

I wonder if Bunnies are allergenic?... Since we can't have dogs, I've been looking/considering alternative pets.