Meet a couple of the newest Sunbeams!
They're still not convinced that they like the transition. They were pretty much at the top of the food chain in the nursery and now they're small fish in the big pond of junior primary. One sign that they'll fit in: the night after their first day of real primary we sang "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" before bed and they sang it as "sun-BEAM!" just like numberless concourses of irreverent sunbeams have been doing for generations.

7 comments:
Well, you probably have me to blame for the continuous irreverentness! I can't help myself! You just have to jump and sing it an octave higher!
Why does the photo look like it has the links on a jail cell? It adds to the feel of the sunbeams not sure they "like it here".
Cute guys!
Wow - Sunbeams!! That is always a fun milestone!! I can't believe it! Soon they will be 4 - time flies! They are so adorable, of course. I think Cole has changed a lot! I love your kids - you guys are amazing!!
Grandpa just figured out that Evan took the picture through the reinforced glass on the door window, that's why they look like they're "fenced in"! What a great picture! They look so big, and actually look like they're doing just fine. How many parents would have a picture of their kid's first day in junior primary! Only Evan!
The Marinator entered Sunbeams recently as well, which seems so odd. December bdays make for young Sunbeams. At any rate, I'm not sure if she belongs there since Jesus wants HER for a "Sunbean".
My 4 year old was quite disappointed to leave Sunbeams. She wondered if her "new class" was going to be as good. But alas, it's not. No treats, no toys. Just church. ☺
Sunbeams! Wow..they are growing up so fast. Those little sunbeams crack me up. what a hard transition from playing with toys and snacks to sitting in chairs and trying to be reverent? Rough switch...I am still having a hard time with the switch and it has been years. :)
Post a Comment