Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ye Olde Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday, being the final Saturday before Halloween, we headed out to one of the myriad pumpkin patches that have sprung up.  We didn't choose the largest or the scariest or the one with the most pumpkins.  We chose the closest, which, coincidentally, was also the cheapest.  Of course there were lots of activities besides choosing the perfect jack o'lantern.

There was the haunted house which was fully inflated, if somewhat less than fully scary.
The bouncy castle was somewhat more fun. And the slide was a hit. Or at least a crash. The pyramid of straw bales turned out to be more interesting than I would have thought.

Everybody took a turn going through. Even our little pumpkin. Then they gathered at the apex for a group photo. I think Cole was getting tired of producing nice smiles. But of course, the real reason we came was for the pumpkins. Bryn thought hers was delicious, just before she fell asleep.

6 comments:

Grandma in NEAZ said...

What is that Calvin and Hobbes exclamation? --- the days are just full! What a fun day! Until your littlest sweetie gets some hair and except for the pink shoes, she looks like one of the boys.
Cute kids. No bias here in NEAZ

wholarmor said...

The little pumpkin picture is the best! I've been meaning to get my kids to a pumpkin patch, but I don't know that it will happen. We were to busy yesterday celebrating my daughter's 7th birthday!

Shar said...

Wish I could have been there! Hey Evan, do we get to see one of your pumpkin carving specialties this year? Love you all!!

The Eight Family said...

I LOVE the picture with the three of them together - adorable!!

Dalynn said...

I keep saying we really need to find one of those bouncy castles. Looks like a ton of fun. Missing all the fun!

Kay said...

Fun, fun, fun. We didn't have a bounce castle at our pumpkin patch! I guess we need to move to Washington!