Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dad vs Power Tool

Since we try to keep things family friendly here at Crumb Crunchers, and gruesome image free, let me just show you this glove....
which gave of itself to protect this bone. (Note the undefined area around the tip of the smaller index finger, which Evan referred to as "hamburger." I never have cared for hamburger, and this didn't help.)
So the padding around the bone didn't fare so well in the fight with the router. In fact, the router didn't have a scratch, so I'd say Router - 1, Dad - 0. (No rematches, please.) Happy boys when the train table is done - 2.
Oh, what a dad won't give to make the best train table in the world for his boys!

12 comments:

John and Laura said...

wow! Glad it wasn't worse.

And I'm sorry I couldn't help but think of UHF: "just call me mr. butterfingers"

I probably shouldn't publish this comment. Going to anyway, 'cause I'm offensive like that.

Dalynn said...

Ouch! That's gonna be some train table.

wholarmor said...

Ouch! Blood, sweat and tears!

Kay said...

Ew. And I have never cared for hamburger... now it's even less. Happy healing!

Evan said...

For those with more sanguinary natures, I posted the bloody finger photo on my other blog

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

Oh, great. Guess what Justin got for his birthday--yep! A router. Now I have even more things to give me anxiety attacks. ;) I wish you a happy recovery. Next time try battling nerf guns.

Grandpa in NEAZ said...

if you go to a ball game now you won't have to purchase on of those big foam finger things to cheer your team on to victory!!

As far as the pain goes, When I had my little "accident" two years ago (25 months ago almost to the day) in the woodshop I felt very little pain unless I happened to bump my thumb on something, then I remembered all the words my mother taught me to say in such situations.

The Lowe Girl said...

I had no idea of the trauma experienced in the crumb cruncher realm this morning as I waved to Evan as he drove by on the way to work! My next thought is "I wonder if he waved with THE hand, or the other one??? Glad to see the smile and hope healing goes well!!

Shar said...

Oh Evan, I'm so sorry - you must have been horrified and Sue too! That train table is truly a labor of love - or should I say a labor of "blood"!

* said...

A picture is worth 1,000 words. And in this case, a finger tip as well. That glove should be framed. Thank goodness for small mercies.

wholarmor said...

Actually, that finger bandaged up reminds me of E.T.'s finger. Does it light up? "Ooooouuuuccch."

The Eight Family said...

Always keep 911 on speed dial - that's my theory!!