Monday, December 15, 2008

Places to Love

Since I've always loved children's books, my good buddy Kara gave me this great one in the P.E. days. (P.E. = Pre-Evan.) All the Places to Love. At the time I received it, I thought the day would never come that I would be reading it to my little men. Alas - they came, they grew, I read, and this has become one of their favorites as well. The book became course material in our "preparing for Brynie" training. The other day, I saw Grant looking at it thoughtfully, and he told me this page was his "favorite part." (The big brother holding his little sister's hand.)
Then he turned back a page, where she was born, and told me this was my favorite part. How perceptive. (I admit to increased exuberance when I read his page.)
Grant has an especially soft way with Bryn. Cole is less emotional about it all, and would be just as happy if we got rid of the baby, and gave him the bouncy seat.
And I am still in awe of how much I love this little girl. More at this moment than I did in the middle of night when we had what I'm calling our "girls night up." Oh well. They're so tiny for so short a time - why would I want to sleep through any of this precious time?
Why? Because I'm exhausted, darn it!

9 comments:

John and Laura said...

"girls night up"! ha ha I hate those nights. You're so funny. Here's hoping for a girl's night asleep tonight. Love you!

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

Girls night up!!! I should have thought of that awhile ago! NOw I'll just tell myself we're having a girls night up next time we're all up in the wee hours. I get ice cream & chocolate for G.N.U. right??

wholarmor said...

I'm very fond of the newborn phase. When my babies start crawling and becoming more independent, I find myself getting baby hungry again. The nights are killers, though. Does she have a swing? I used to plop my babies in their swing and sleep next to them on the couch when they were wanting to pull all-nighters. Confessions of a bad mommy.

wholarmor said...

And I love that picture of her with her brothers! One being very sweet and loving to her, and the other looking like he's ready to push her out of her seat, lol.

Grandma in NEAZ said...

It will be nice when she starts rewarding your all-night shifts with her smiles and reactions to your conversations. It's a good thing Heavenly Father made them cute and sweet smelling(at times) so we wouldn't trade them for that yummy frozen custard.
Thank goodness for places and people to love.

Silly Teacher said...

Ha ha P.E. Pre Evan. I refer to my husbands life as Pre Jenn or Post Jenn

Marissa said...

What a sweet book. I'm not a fan of middle of the night feedings and I marvel at those women who genuinely view it as bonding time with their baby. I just can't get there - I'm like, "ok, eat quickly then go back to sleep!" :)

The Eight Family said...

I have so often had to stop myself from frustrations during those long nights that somehow seem to be followed by the long days. But, I decided that maybe that is Heavenly Father's way of giving me some one-on-one time that is otherwise impossible at our house. Now, I still get frustrated sometimes, but I definately have a different perspective on those long "girl's nights" - my alone time with my little ones. Sounds like you are leaps and bounds ahead of me. Your are a great mom!!

The Hardy's said...

Hey stranger,
I was so excited that Stacey gave me your info too. It has been way to long since we were in touch. We send Christmas cards back and forth with Stacey every year and now we'll add you to our list.

Your children are adorable too.