Friday, August 15, 2008

Toasty

This unusually miserable heat wave (of temps over 100°)started yesterday, and is expected to stay for four days. So it's had us all a little on edge, and here's Cole in total meltdown.
We have all of 8-10am to play outside before it's too toasty, and in we go to play games of boys tearing everything apart, and seeing if Ma can keep up the disaster control. Luckily, we are able to make the most of our two hours since the neighbor is doing a major landscape project involving...yes, it's too good to be true...a TRACTOR!
We have been blessed, indeed, although I can't say the same for our neighbors, choosing the 3 hottest days of the year to be outside doing hard labor.
So in the evening, when it dips into the 90s, Pop waters the quack grass and the boys.
Look close, and you'll see they're sporting their official Beijing Olympic wear.
By Monday it will be back down in the 70's. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

John and Laura said...

100's!! Wow. I'll observe a moment of no-whining for you. (pause) Okay, back to whining about our 90 degrees! I appreciate your attitude and admire your ability to get up and out of the house by 8 to enjoy that cooler time! Where DO you hide your super-cape, Sue?

Hannah Z said...

I wish I was there to play in the water with you! Looks like fun! Keep cool!