| 'Twas the week before Christmas and all through the zoo, the fishies were swimming, and the boys wanted to. And both of the boys wearing toques and warm jackets, were settling down to see snakes, apes, and parrots. |  |
 | When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, Cole ran to the lights to see what was the matter. |
| The monkeys and hippos weren't making much noise, but oohs and some aahs were coming from boys. |  |
 | When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a giant bull elephant with small Asian ears. |
| His bones how they sparkled, his tusks: large and pointy, Cole stood in the stroller and yelled, "ELEPHANTY!" |  |
 | 'Twas frigid that night but the cure for cold fingers, is to wrap them in daddy's while everyone lingers. |
| And I heard Grant say as we walked to the car, "If I had a pet croc then I'm sure I'd go far." |  |
2 comments:
Pop, you are a word wizard. That is mahvalous!
I wanted to see the lights at the zoo. That looks like a marvel to behold. Looks like the boys were REALLY impressed. Wish we could be there for Christmas.
Zoo-less in NEAZ
I have an idea for a side job for you Pop - writing children's books!! This was GREAT! I love how you take them everywhere and do everything too, What a great idea a night at the zoo!
Post a Comment