Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Can You Spot the $25?

Sue invited Grant to help her shred some old bank statements. She was cleaning out our mail caddy and had made two piles on the floor: one to keep, one to shred. She indicated to Grant which pile to shred so of course he immediately went to the non-shred pile, grabbed the first thing that caught his eye and put it into the shredder. Sue caught a glimpse of it as it chattered through the slot. From her shriek I thought he might have shredded the Declaration of Independence or the Magna Carta. Actually, it was a Target gift card we received during Christmas. Once she identified it, I shrieked as well. Without much hope I suggested that she fish the pieces out and see if the numbers were still legible.
Okay, I purposely obscured a few of the numbers in the picture for the hindrance of our more enterprising readers but they were all there. It was the most expensive puzzle I've ever tried. When we entered the numbers into Target.com, they said "giftcard information entered is either invalid or incomplete." We checked the numbers again, made a couple of corrections and voila! $25 is ours.

2 comments:

kseal said...

My stomach dropped for you as I read this. Why does parenthood have so many of these moments where you feel dread at the time and laugh for years about it afterwards? Huzzah for the internet where nary a swipe is needed. :-)

Ramona Zabriskie said...

You mean all the puzzle practice paid off?