Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day Art

In honor of Flag Day the Crunchers men did an art project. Our mission: paint an American flag.

Here is Cole's effort: Critics say:
"Inspired use of colors and negative space." -Angela Scott The Highland Lowdown
"Brilliant non-traditional flag colors lead our eyes and our mind to greater heights of patriotic fervor." -Jessica Swimmer The Klineline Post
"Betsy Ross: eat your heart out." -Loreli Rainwater The Salmon Creek Crier

Here is Grant's creation:
The critics say:
"Dark, brooding color scheme hearkens back to the dark days of the American revolution but the blue, emerging through the clouds, promises better days and bluer skies just over the horizon." -Sharon Everett The North Inkom Tribune
"I wept. I smiled. I sneezed." -Ellen Halfcreek The Bitahochee Art Journal
"Stars and stripes forever! Coming soon to a flagpole near you." -Mona Zee The Ridgefield Review

And, finally, my own humble product:
The critics respond:
"Humble doesn't even begin to describe this." -Laura Johns Port Orchard Crab Talker
"Putrefactacular. I feel like my eyes need a shower." -Kristi Trenton The Mink Creek Messenger
"Pedestrian, obvious, uninspired." -My Mom

In any case, happy flag day!

3 comments:

* said...

Sweet goodness, I didn't realize it was flag day. I need to look @ my calendar more often. My kids have the butcher paper roll out right now and are crafting it up in the kitchen...simple joys.

Shar said...

We didn't realize it was Flag Day either! We've had so much rain for weeks that we haven't even thought about putting our flag up! Evan, where do you come up with all that stuff!!

The Lowe Girl said...

while the artwork was truly stunning, my amazement continues at the distinguished following quoted throughout your piece.

;)