Sunday, September 14, 2008

All Natural - No Artificial Ingredients

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted kids so I could show them the incredible natural world. My dream has come true! Nothing fills my heart (other than watching them get excited about Nephi and the Liahona in our board book) like watching their amazement as this world unfolds before their eyes.
Just minutes after Pop caught the first crawdad, Cole wanted to hold it, got pinched, shook it off his finger, and was ready for more. After that display, Grant pretty much lost interest in getting within 10 ft of the next catch.
Cole just tried a more cautious approach on the second one, and he felt in complete control. Then we decided to let the poor thing breath again, so after following the little guy around for awhile in the water, Cole finally moved on to running around.
Then a couple days later Pop found this praying mantis while mowing the field (and about 100 more, but he only brought one back.) This thing was HUGE!

He also survived all the love we could give, and was finally liberated after donating 30 min. to the "betterment of boys" cause. And a noble cause it is.

4 comments:

Shar said...

I sure IS fun to watch them discover the world! Gosh, we haven't seen a praying mantis around here for years! What a neat thing! Love you all!

Jessica @ Paint In My Hair said...

Hey I finally made it here! Cute site. I've been so inspired by your "outdoor living" life style we try to go outside more and more. (sans girls :) ) See you soon! Jess

Anonymous said...

I just love you and your boys sooo so much!! I'm so glad that you and Lorali are my visiting teahcers. You're the greatest ever! Can't wait for our debate dinner night!

Dalynn said...

Oh how I miss those boys! I'm certainly glad you're able to catch so much wildlife though. We must be bad luck when we're there.