There will be no photos associated with this post. When I tell you the subject you will likely be grateful. You see, I have a kidney stone. I first noticed it on Thanksgiving day, and by notice, I mean like you might happen to notice someone hitting you with a 2x4 in the kidney and then kicking you in the groin. All week I've been in varying degrees of discomfort and I went to see a urologist today. He ordered a
KUB x-ray and when he put it up on the screen even I could point out the the little bugger. Upon examination it turned out to be about 10mm long and 7mm wide. Maybe that doesn't seem very large but the largest one that I've ever passed was only about 4mm in diameter. That's like the difference between a lemon and a pineapple.
Okay, maybe one photo, because
my sister would be disappointed if I didn't:

Cute little guys, aren't they? Anyway, it's highly unlikely that this new one will pass on its own so I'll be going back next week to see if it moves and probably schedule a session on the
lithotriptor.
5 comments:
I am SOOOO sorry that you have such rotten stoned luck. It makes me feel your pain in a large way, even 10 mm x 7 mm-worth. It looks bad and the treatment sounds worse.
So, how many of these puppies have you given birth to in your stoned adult life?
Okay Word Wizard, what do you mean by Immaculate?
Only given birth 6 times in NE AZ
Please don't tell me those are photos of your actual stones, though I've already seen them in real life, so it shouldn't be too big a deal to me, right?
As much as I love to see you writhing in agony, I hope the latest stone passes without much more discomfort. Good luck.
Well of course they're my own actual stones. I don't take credit for other people's work. I worked hard for each and every one of those horrible little beasts.
I'm feeling sympathy pains. I don't know which is worse though, kidney stones or a kidney infection with lingering sickness for 2 weeks from horrible medication. I still claim that you so know what it feels like to give birth. Props to you, and good luck!
Pop, I am sooo sorry! Your brother-in-law gets those and had to have the last one removed, and he still won't quit drinking pop! Best of luck on the outcome!
Post a Comment